Clarksville Attorneys Help Those Hurt in Auto Accidents
Tennessee lawyers represent vehicle wreck injury victims
If you suffered an injury in an auto accident because of another driver’s negligence or misconduct, you should seek the help of an experienced personal injury attorney. Bateman & Bateman, P.C. offers experienced legal counsel to people injured in car and motorcycle crashes in the Clarksville area. Our attorneys provide effective legal counsel to survivors of these accidents as well as their family members. And if a family member dies in such a crash, our accomplished law firm can file a wrongful death suit so that you can recoup losses for expenses such as funeral costs, medical bills, and loss of future earnings.
Understanding Tennessee auto accidents
Auto accidents are extremely common in Tennessee. In 2014, there were 176,043 accidents in the state. Of those, 5,226 traffic crashes took place in Montgomery County alone, and more than 1,500 of those accidents resulted in injuries. It’s been found that car accidents most commonly occur during the afternoon rush hour, but they can happen anywhere, anytime. Our lawyers represent auto accident and truck accident victims injured on local Tennessee streets and highways including:
- US 41A
- US 79
- Route 12
- Route 13
- Route 149
We represent Clarksville auto accident victims who have been hurt due to negligence, drunk driving or traffic violations. Additionally, our attorneys assist victims of boating accidents on the Cumberland River.
Damages available in Tennessee auto wreck cases
If you have been hurt in a Clarksville car, truck, motorcycle, bus or mass transit accident, you have rights. Our attorneys assist victims seeking compensation for their injuries. We help clients pursue claims through settlement and litigation. Some of the damages available in auto accident cases compensate victims for:
- Pain and suffering. Tennessee law allows you to recover for your physical suffering and mental anguish when an accident was caused by the intentional or negligent actions of another.
- Medical expenses. Your past and future medical costs, including most physical therapy costs, are typically figured into any settlement or damages award.
- Lost wages. Courts award damages to repay you for time missed at work. Additionally, you may receive compensation for the loss of your future earning capacity if your injuries have affected your ability to earn a living.
- Permanent disability. If you have suffered the loss of body parts or the loss of use of body parts, bodily functions or bodily systems, you may be entitled to damages.
- Disfigurement. Courts often award victims compensation when they are seriously scarred or disfigured.
- Property damage. We help clients recover for the damage to their vehicle and other property.
These damages are all possibilities in a personal injury lawsuit. If you have lost a loved one in an auto accident, our attorneys help your family bring a wrongful death suit to compensate you for your loss. Damages in these cases often include additional payments for funeral expenses and the pecuniary value of life. Our attorneys work to get you the largest award possible in all cases.
Contact a Tennessee auto accident attorney for help when you’ve been injured
If you have suffered injuries in an auto wreck, Bateman & Bateman, P.C. can provide you with skilled legal representation by attorneys who fight for just and fair compensation. For your convenience, the firm offers free on-site parking and accepts all major credit cards. For a free initial consultation with an experienced Clarksville auto accident attorney, call us at 931-647-5959 or contact us online.