Thomas N. Bateman
- Business and Commercial Law
- Business Organizations
- Estate Planning
- Litigation and Appeals
- Personal Injury—Plaintiff
- Taxation Law
- Workers Compensation Law
Thomas N. "Neal" Bateman's law practice began as a general practice handling all types of legal matters. He has extensive experience in the area of civil litigation. Throughout his career he has tried or settled several cases that resulted in judgments or settlements in excess of a million dollars. He represented the families of two victims of the Arrow Air crash in Gander, Newfoundland. He has also successfully represented plaintiffs in many types of matters including anti-trust, securities fraud, lender liability, employment discrimination, and personal injury claims.
Thomas N. Bateman was a licensed Certified Public Accountant (now inactive). This background has allowed him to establish an extensive practice in the area of estate planning, estate settlements, business and tax matters. He routinely handles the settlement of multi-million dollar estates.
While still handling many different types of legal matters, Mr. Bateman's practice now focuses primarily on three areas: civil litigation, estate planning and settlement, and business matters.
Thomas N. Bateman is admitted to practice in Tennessee, the United States District Court for the Middle District of Tennessee; the United States Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals; and the United States Supreme Court. He is a member of the Montgomery County, Tennessee, and American Bar Associations.
Current Employment Position
- Managing Shareholder
- Nashville School of Law, Nashville, Tennessee
- J.D. - 1968
- Austin Peay State University, Clarksville, Tennessee
- Tennessee, 1968
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, 1979
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Tennessee, 1968
- U.S. Tax Court, 1968
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1994
- AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
Classes & Seminars
- Instructor, Taxation and Accounting, Austin Peay State University, 1962 to 1965
- Clarksville-Montgomery County School Board, Member, 1974 to 1978
- Montgomery County, Member, 1970
- Montgomery County, Vice President , 1970 to 1971
- Tennessee Bar Association , Member
- American Bar Association, Member